Monday, February 7, 2011

Unfinished

I am a doer, very task oriented and prefer to have things wrapped up in nice, neat packages. People sometimes tease me about it. I might even have some teeny weeny control issues but that is another post altogether. Those tendencies may explain why unfinished projects are really bothersome to me. Nevertheless, I seem to accumulate them on several fronts. Since I still don't have a job, something about which I have no insight at the moment, it seems that this season would be a good one for undertaking some of those aforementioned bothersome things. I have unfinished books I had hoped to read, unfinished art projects ranging from paintings to drawings to sculptures. I have unfinished decorating projects including a huge, blank wall in my living room that really needs attention. I have unfinished organizing projects that just might make all the uncontrollable things in life seem a little more manageable. I even have unfinished education. It seems I am only one class away from finishing my Biblical Counseling coursework. Even if I have no concrete plans to actually use this accumulated knowledge, I think it would be good to finish the work. That will require lots and lots of reading, listening to hours of lectures and writing many essays before I obtain that lovely parchment certificate that says I actually finished something. It's funny how our minds work...I want a job, in part because I have way too much time on my hands but until now just didn't really want to get busy on these projects. It just got easier and easier to stare at the computer screen wishing that magic job would appear. Idleness just seemed to flow into more idleness. Sighing became more common. These are not traits I am proud of, have really had the time to indulge before now and certainly never aspired to. I guess I'm still unfinished as well. Perhaps a big, bold list of unfinished projects, displayed prominantly will help me choose action on those long, dark winter days. Maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to post some photos of some of those soon to be finished projects. stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. I so understand! I had to write all my unfinished projects down and found so much pleasure in crossing one off!!!
    Good luck in all your future endeavors! I know you'll do great

    ReplyDelete
  2. sighhhhhhh. I made it easy and threw some of them away. Don't tell anyone. I am such a 'starter' and really don't like the finish. Welllll, really I DO like the start and finish, just not the middle. Kind of like the outside of the oreo over the inside. Nice, crunchy, chocolate....over the plain vanilla middle.

    ReplyDelete