Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bits and Pieces, This and That...

No, I did not fall off the face of the earth. I just got a little busy and life crowded in. So in no particular order here are a few events and observations taken from the last week or so.

-My sweet hubby and I are determined to keep having fun. To that end we carved some pretty awesome pumpkins, if I do say so myself. And we might have used power tools...and one seriously rockin' X-acto knife set.


-The job hunt continues...did not get any of the ones I had applied for in October. In fact got two rejection notices within five minutes of each other. But I'm not bitter! I just keep applying, and praying, and hoping, and reminding myself that I have everything I need and God is never late. My job hunting children have had much greater success and for that I am very grateful. One got her dream job, another got a second job and a third just got a job that will pay the bills. I have a few more applications out, one of which has actually moved beyond the 'applied' status to 'routed', whatever that means. To me it means it did not go directly to the trash but made at least one stop. What a journey this has been.

-I LOVE fall. I love the cooler weather. I love the holidays and the food and the decorations. I love the emphasis on being thankful. I love that most of us have some time off to enjoy one another. I also met my husband in the fall and had my very first baby (and second!) in the fall. It is just my favorite season ever.

-On this day twenty-eight years ago we welcomed that second son, a rootin' tootin', rambunctious, bundle of strong-willed fun. Never a dull moment then, and pretty much the same today. Our lives have been forever changed in the very best way for having him. Happy Birthday, Son!

-The church search has been a wonderful success. Some things in life just take a little perseverance. We found a great congregation about five minutes from home. They actually consider our neighborhood, the one we have a heart for, the one with whom we want to share Jesus, to be part of their sphere of influence. Turns out there is another couple right here who has the same desire to reach out as we do. We will be meeting them soon and hope to partner with them in this endeavor. The church welcomes older folks like us and there seems to be much we can do. We are encouraged on so many levels and maybe just a little nervous. Making new friends can be hard.

- We are going to be grandparents! Gigi and Pops (our self-selected grandparent names) will welcome a new little one in May. Congratulations to oldest son and his wife.

-Mothering adult children is a mixed bag. Not unlike roses, there is plenty of lovely with the occasional thorn. 'Nuf said...


2 comments:

  1. those pumpkins are amazing!! they put our minnie mouse to shame :)
    and congrats to gigi and pops!!! that is fantastic news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yahooo! So good to hear your news! Congrats to all.
    Sue A

    ReplyDelete